- Open case and power AED. Follow instructions.
- Attach AED pads over victim’s bare chest.
- Connect cables.
- Do no stop CPR during these steps and make sure to be done within 30 seconds.
- Clear victim and allow AED to analyze rhythm
- If rhythm is shockable:
- Shout clear to clear victim
- Shock victim
- If rhythm not shockable:
- Immediately resume CPR
- Allow AED to reassess rhythm after 5 cycles or 2 minutes of CPR
AED Pad Placement:
- Place one pad directly below right collarbone
- Place second pad at your right side of the left nipple – Pad’s top edge must be placed 7 to 8cm below armpit
- Place one AED pad in the center of victim’s bare chest and other pad in center of victim’s back
Place one AED pad to the victim’s left sided bare chest – between breastbone and nipple and place the other pad at the left side of victim’s back, beside the spine